Starting a tattoo shop is one of the most lucrative business investments that you definitely would want to venture into. There are many reasons why this is so. One of the main reasons is that, people have come to appreciate tattoos now than ever before. With this reason alone, you need to reap from this booming business that to many, is more of a passive means of creating wealth than active. The following are tips of starting a tattoo shop of your own.
1. Find out if you have the basic requirements that a tattoo shop proprietor should have. This may include the familiarizing yourself with the local authorities about licensing and any other governmental policies that you need to adhere to prior to opening the shop. Starting a business involves a comprehensive study of your own area. If you are an amateur in the art industry, it is recommended that you complete a detailed apprenticeship. This is important since you are dealing with human body.
2. Do you have your business plan? If no, create one and explore further from tattoo software. This will help you know how much is needed to set up your tattoo shop. It is estimated that in the US alone, the cost of starting a tattoo parlor can be around $15,000. This is not little money that does not need proper planning. Tattoo business plan software can help you even calculate profits, number of clients per day, losses, inventory payroll, artists and many other important aspects of running a tattoo shop.
3. Having known and attained the necessary training and cleared with the authorities, it is time to look for the suitable place for your shop. You need to place your tattoo shop where there is enough traffic. This will aid increased walk-ins. A shop that is strategically placed will receive many customers throughout the day. Make sure the shop is in such a place where people can easily access and remember with ease.
4. Get yourself the right equipment for your job. Ensure you have the required supplies before you start operation. Your tools and equipment should include: reclining chairs, large sized mirrors, tracing tables that are lit, supply carts among others. In case you have a reception area, it must be attractive. To enable you do this, include a couch, display case, comfortable chair and desk to mention but a few.
5. Now that your shop is about to start running, conduct a good promotion campaign. You can do this through the use of billboards, online marketing which may comprise the use of social media platforms. Fliers can also be used to promote your business. Using above the media advertising means like radio and TV commercials will bring your business to the attention of many clients.
This video outlines all the ins and outs for starting a tattoo business.